Indian River County Criminal Attorney
For deputies at the Indian River County Sheriff’s Department, April 10, 2019, was business as usual for felony arrests. Not a day goes by without several of them.
- A 32-year-old Vero Beach man was arrested for possession of a controlled substance (MDMA), possession of hyromorphone and possession of dilaudid and possession of cocaine.
- A 24-year-old man from Ohio was picked up on a warrant for a violation of probation on a conviction for child abuse.
- A 34-year-old Sebastian woman was also picked up on a warrant. She was charged with driving on a suspended license with knowledge.
- Another Sebastian resident, a 24-year-old man, was taken into custody on a warrant for lewd or lascivious molestation of a victim between the ages of 12 and 16.
- A 27-year-old Sebastian man was picked up on an out-of-county warrant for a violation of probation on the burglary of an occupied dwelling.
Aside from placing your personal freedom in jeopardy, any felony conviction can carry serious consequences involving your job, educational and housing opportunities. Even a third degree felony in Florida is punishable by up to five years in prison, five years of probation and a fine of up to $5,000. Regardless of what you might be charged with, you’re still entitled to due process of law, an effective attorney and a trial on the merits of the of the case against you to determine your innocence or guilt.
Hiring an Indian River County Criminal Attorney
Jeffrey H. Garland is an Indian River County criminal lawyer who has been licensed to practice law since 1981. He is board certified in criminal defense law by the Florida Board of Legal Specialization and Education. He is well-known and highly regarded in Indian River County by prosecutors, judges and other criminal defense attorneys. Whatever the charge that you are arrested on might be, don’t give the police any type of a statement or confession. Prosecutors will only want to use it against you. Hold the prosecution to its burden of proof, and make it prove its case against you beyond a reasonable doubt. Florida law guarantees you the right to an effective criminal defense lawyer. Contact Indian River County criminal lawyer Jeffrey H. Garland as soon as possible after any arrest.